Your website is often the first impression of your business, so maintaining it needs to be a primary concern to you as a business owner. We often find business owners struggling with their websites saying things like: “My website looks great, but I am not able to convert” or “I invested so much into creating my website, but I don’t get many hits.” These things are very common pains that face small businesses. If you aren’t sure where to start making improvements, here are seven key areas to pay attention to in order to get the most out of your website.
- Content – Make sure your website has relevant and interesting content. Having good content adds value and appeals to your target audience. Filling your website with keywords and jargon that don’t capture your audience’s attention won’t help your conversion rates.
- Testimonials – Nothing has more impact on your prospects than being able to hear actual feedback from your current clients. Be sure to select a wide range of customers who are willing to give your business a glowing review.
- Social Media – Social Media, when done correctly, is a great medium to enhance your brand’s presence online. Invite your website visitors to your social media pages in order to encourage a more personal relationship with your business.
- Contact Information – Very clearly tell your web visitors how to get in touch with you. If visitors have to search the entire site to contact you, they won’t.
- Tracking – Incorporate a web-site tracker that helps you track the leads that come in from your website. Services such as Google Analytics are free and provide you basic details such as number of hits, location, time spent on pages, etc.
- Loading Time and Mobile Responsiveness – Web visitors today have little patience and a lot of choices. So, it is important that your site loads quickly and correctly across all devices; otherwise, they move on to the next search result.
- SEO – Search engine optimization is a key factor in determining the ROI of your website. Make sure your site is optimized for search engines so that it shows up when your prospects search for you.
Need help getting your website to work for you? Contact us today for a free consultation.